Static build with pcap fails
pcap can optionally depends on nl-3 resulting in build failure due to all AC_CHECK_LIB calls failing when building statically.
pkg-config should be used to retrieve those dependencies.
Pull request is available at https://github.com/OISF/suricata/pull/4124.
- Assignee set to Community Ticket
- Target version set to TBD
I'm not against fixing this, but the referenced PR isn't acceptable. It breaks almost all the checks both appveyor and travis do, so something isn't right about it.
OK thanks for your quick reply, I know what is wrong. Default action-if-not-found of PKG_CHECK_MODULES is to end with an error. I'll fix this mistake by replacing  to [;] in the next few hours.
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee changed from Community Ticket to Fabrice Fontaine
- Target version changed from TBD to 5.0.0
- Copied to Bug #3326: Static build with pcap fails (4.1.x) added
Also available in: Atom