- Login: richi235
- Registered on: 12/07/2017
- Last connection: 12/16/2017
- 07:37 PM Suricata Bug #1503: lua output setup failure does not exit engine with --init-errors-fatal
- Resolved with: https://github.com/OISF/suricata/pull/3269
- 07:36 PM Suricata Bug #1503 (Resolved): lua output setup failure does not exit engine with --init-errors-fatal
- 02:13 PM Suricata Feature #2421: add system mode and user mode
- I also think a distinction between 'user mode' and 'system mode' would make sense.
But this opens a new question: ...
- 06:23 PM Suricata Bug #2428 (Closed): suricata.log file permission error message when using suricata -l <dir> -r x.pcap as unprivilegded user
- When starting suricata as an unprivileged user in offline pcap mode with a extra logdir, like e.g.:
- 03:28 PM Suricata Bug #2424 (Feedback): suri->userid (SCInstance) does not reflect correct uid if suricata is started as non-root
- This currently happens if e.g. suricata is started as non root and does not drop privileges.
This is because suri-...
- 02:56 PM Suricata Feature #2421 (Closed): add system mode and user mode
- Add distinction between system and user modes, where the normal IDS modes are system modes, but the offline pcap runm...
- 11:31 AM Suricata Bug #2386: check if default log dir is writable at start up
- Jason Ish wrote:
> Another observation I had. If the log directory does not exist, we exit. If its not writable, we ...
- 03:12 PM Suricata Bug #2386: check if default log dir is writable at start up
- Hi, I have two detail questions regarding the implementation of this:
h2. Question 1
Should the patch?
- 05:12 PM Suricata Feature #2375 (New): Design and implement sensible per-thread capabilities
- It would be a good security improvement if threads could only do what they need to do.
(e.g. A thread that does not ...
- 04:54 PM Suricata Bug #2374 (Closed): Delete SCDropCaps() and all calls to it?
Also available in: Atom