Ubuntu PPA - make package source available for every distro
Currently, using suricata-stable PPA,
apt-get source suricata
would only get the source package (aka. suricata.tar.gz source ) for Precise and Lucid, both LTS releases.
We target the PPA build on Launchpad specifically for those two systems.
The rest of the Ubuntu editions get "package distro copy".
It is of good and big importance that we target and make launchpad rebuild for per every supported Ubuntu distro build.There are two benefits of this
- Source is available through "apt-get source" command for every supported Ubuntu distro.
- Every time Launchpad builds the packages from scratch - we actually test(configure/make/compile) every single supported Ubuntu distribution (32 and 64bit).
Updated by Peter Manev almost 10 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Optimization
Updated by Victor Julien almost 10 years ago
- Tracker changed from Optimization to Bug
- Status changed from New to Assigned
(optimization ticket category is meant for code optimizations)
Updated by Victor Julien over 9 years ago
- Target version set to TBD
Updated by Victor Julien about 8 years ago
- Target version changed from TBD to Packaging/PPA
Updated by Peter Manev almost 7 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
This is done.