Need for proper option for testing a setup
|Assignee:||Xavier Lange||% Done:|
|Category:||-||Estimated time:||5.00 hours|
When distributing a set of binary,configuration files and rules, it is convenient to have a way to test the setup before one actually restarts the sensor.
Something similar to snorts: snort -Tc snort.conf
The way it works today is that you do a restart->setup_fails->rollback...
- Assignee set to Victor Julien
Will be tasked to a OISF dev.
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee changed from Victor Julien to Xavier Lange
- Target version set to 1.3beta1
- Start date changed from 01/17/2011 to 01/28/2011
- Estimated time set to 5.00
Xavier, can you pick this one up?
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
I added 2 minor comments to the commits. First time I did that so I'm not sure how you get notified, which is why I notify you here :)
Btw, something appears to be wrong. If I do "suricata -c suricata.yaml -T" I just get the "usage" output.
Victor, your last observation was correct. The local variable conf_test had to be added to the list of special cases where runmode is allowed to be unset.
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Branch applied, thanks Xavier!
Also available in: Atom