For all shipped binaries/scripts, we should create manpages. help2man tool would be a good start.
- Target version set to TBD
We do have some manpages now, which ones are missing?
I would add `man suricata-update` and `man suricatasc`
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee changed from OISF Dev to Shivani Bhardwaj
Shivani can you check if the python tools have manpages, and if not add them? Suricata-Update, suricatasc and suricatactl.
- Target version changed from TBD to 70
I think I'm halfway through this but wanted to confirm if using Sphinx is the right thing or am I supposed to use help2man as in the description? suricata-update does have a sphinx target to make very detailed man pages, I think suricatasc and suricatactl are the only ones left TBD.
I prefer sphinx based, just like the suricata one. The ticket predates our sphinx use.
- Target version changed from 70 to 5.0beta1
- Status changed from Assigned to Feedback
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Also available in: Atom