allow filestore name configuration options
It would be useful to configure patterns for file names for file extraction to give us more control over the filenames when using file_store.
Currently we just get file.1, file.2 etc. Setting the file name to a hash (sha256 preferably) would be helpful.
I like the idea to use the hash as file name. Would a global switch be ok for that?
For us I think that would be fine. Not sure if others would have the need to be able to specify paths, and/or patterns (timestamps, src/dst, etc.)
I guess this mean we first start writing to a temporary filename and then when it's done rename the file to the hash name.
- Assignee set to Anonymous
- Target version set to TBD
- Related to Task #2309: SuriCon 2017 brainstorm added
- Related to Feature #2303: file-store enhancements (aka file-store v2): deduplication; hash-based naming; json metadata and cleanup tooling added
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee changed from Anonymous to Jason Ish
- Target version changed from TBD to 4.1beta1
Also available in: Atom