Remove unsafe Rust code for ALPROTO_X constants
Now, these constants are defined in C enumeration `AppProtoEnum`
In Rust, we use a global variable ('`static mut`) whose value we get as a return of a C function call.
As a global variable, we must use `unsafe` every time we read it
We should either :
- export these from C to Rust with bindgen
- move this enum to Rust and export it to C with cbindgen (cbindgen is already used)
Got started on this - moved the enum to Rust and am exporting it with cbindgen
Looks like there are a few "cyclic header dependencies" that will have to be sorted out - other than that it's just a question of safely accessing/mutating the global variables
Thanks for working on this and letting us know
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Nick Price
- Target version set to TBD
Think I've got everything sorted except the header cross-dependencies - once that's done I'll run the test suites and make a PR - hopefully what I did makes sense :P
Hello Nick, where are you with this ? Could you create a draft PR ?
Also available in: Atom