Performance impact of Cisco Fabricpath
At some setups we see Cisco Fabricpath Traffic (ethertype 0x8903) that results in rather high drop rates even though the traffic is not responsible for much load. With a bpf filter to that protocol the issue was gone.
Updated by Andreas Herz 4 months ago
- File 813_a.txt 813_a.txt added
- File 813_b.txt 813_b.txt added
- File d11_a.txt d11_a.txt added
- File d11_b.txt d11_b.txt added
- File perftop.png perftop.png added
Two systems with no filter active (case a) and bpf filter active (case b). Also a perf top from those machines running without the bpf filter. The left one is another machine with low traffic and not that much traffic at all but quite some amount of it being cisco fabric path.