yaml: Increase maximum size for address vars
It appears the maximum length for an address var is 8192 bytes0 when dynamically generating lists for vars in large networks, it is easy to exceed this limit (especially with IPv6 network ranges). Can this be increased?
The only current workaround I'm aware of is to try to dynamically split lists and generate multiple vars which is... a bit unruly
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee set to Jeff Lucovsky
- Target version set to 7.0rc1
It would be nice if it can be made dynamic so there is no hardcoded limit.
Target is 7 for now. We can consider backporting if its not intrusive.
I suggest we cap the size allowed when permitting larger sizes.
The current (hard coded) limit is around 8k.
Suggestions for a reasonable upper bound?
- Status changed from Assigned to In Review
- Related to Bug #2190: apparent 1000 character limit in threshold.conf IP lists added
- Related to Task #4097: Suricon 2020 brainstorm added
- Subject changed from Increase maximum size for address vars to yaml: Increase maximum size for address vars
- Status changed from In Review to Closed
Also available in: Atom