Alert "fileinfo" array conflicts with "fileinfo" event type
Legacy reporting/mining from eve.json using just "fileinfo" can run into issues since there are now multiple fileinfo objects:
1. Fileinfo object (event type fileinfo) containing a single entry
2. Fileinfo object (event type alert) containing a fileinfo array.
Usages like "cat eve.json | jq -c 'select(.fileinfo)|.fileinfo.filename’" must change to "cat eve.json|jq -c 'select(.event_type=="fileinfo").fileinfo.filename'"
To retain support for existing users, the fileinfo object in the alert will be renamed to "files".
Updated by Jeff Lucovsky over 2 years ago
- Status changed from Assigned to In Review
Updated by Victor Julien over 2 years ago
- Status changed from In Review to Closed
- Affected Versions 6.0.0rc1, git master added