Task #5682: tracking: smb performance issues
smb: large streams can cause large memory moves (memmove)
Large SMB streams can cause Suricata to move large chunks of memory (multi-tens of megabytes and higher) to make room for newly inbound packets. This seems to happen most often when there are gaps in the stream for which packets arrive later.
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Victor Julien
- Target version set to TBD
I have some work in progress to try to address it. Need to refresh it.
- Subject changed from Large SMB streams can cause large memory moves to smb: large streams can cause large memory moves (memmove)
- Target version changed from TBD to 8.0.0-beta1
- Parent task set to #5682
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Target version changed from 8.0.0-beta1 to 7.0.0-rc1
- Related to Security #5700: SCRealloc of large chunk crashes Suricata added
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- Priority changed from High to Normal
Also available in: Atom