Feature #4566: pgsql: add subprotocol-states
pgsql: Add COPY subprotocol-state
When the postgresql backend sends or receives the following commands:
- "COPY FROM STDIN"
- "COPY TO STDOUT"
It enters the COPY subprotocol-state, which comprises a different set of messages.
Currently, if Suri has the pgsql app-layer enabled and sees one of those messages, it doesn't know what to do and stops parsing pgsql messages from that flow altogether, afterwards.
PostgreSQL documentation: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/protocol-flow.html#PROTOCOL-COPY
Updated by Juliana Fajardini Reichow over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from PGSQL app-layer-parser: Add COPY subprotocol to PGSQL app-layer-parser: Add COPY subprotocol-state
- Description updated (diff)
Updating this to better word that these are postgresql subprotocols, which are somewhat interpreted as sub-states, by Suri.
Updated by Victor Julien over 1 year ago
- Subject changed from PGSQL app-layer-parser: Add COPY subprotocol-state to pgsql: Add COPY subprotocol-state
Updated by Victor Julien 8 months ago
- Target version changed from 7.0.0-beta1 to 7.0.0-rc1
Updated by Victor Julien 7 months ago
- Target version changed from 7.0.0-rc1 to 8.0.0-beta1