update configure.ac with autoupdate
The autoupdate tool modernizes configure.ac and cleans up formatting. Might be interesting to try it.
- % Done changed from 0 to 90
- Target version changed from 2.0beta2 to TBD
- % Done changed from 90 to 10
This turned out to have side effects on older platforms, so postponing for now.
- Tracker changed from Feature to Optimization
- Assignee changed from Eric Leblond to Andreas Herz
Worth looking at it again when we now try to make configure.ac consistent.
Since some time has passed I would like to give it a new try:
It would be nice if some of you could test that on your distributions as well. I tested it on ArchLinux and Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
It would also help for some other improvements within our configure script like #1835 and would like to have it merged to use it for the future work on those configure tasks.
With all the other PR I would also suggest we add some sort of check within the buildbot so we won't get back old (not modern) configure.ac
Eric and I need to discuss this with regards to the possible checks within the buildbot
Should we close this, since we converted it or should we wait until we have some sort of check at the QA that we don't reintroduce old behaviour?
- Status changed from Assigned to Closed
- Target version changed from TBD to 5.0rc1
Also available in: Atom