suricata-verify: parallel tests capability
SU keeps getting tests added and after some point the volume would become quite big maybe thousand(s)+ (esp in view of cases like https://redmine.openinfosecfoundation.org/issues/2923#note-5)
In that case maybe running tests in multithreading/parallel test runs would help speed up the checks in terms of time.
You can already do something like this by splitting test directories and running SV on these directories in parallel, each with a unique output dir.
Ok.So something like a wrapper script then I guess would do the job . "fore each dir ...".
Maybe it still makes sense to build it into SV, I'll leave that to Jason or Shivani to comment on. But did want to mention a workaround you can use now.
- Assignee set to OISF Dev
- Target version set to TBD
- Subject changed from suricata-verify: parallel tests capability to suricata-verify: parallel tests capability
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee changed from OISF Dev to Jason Ish
- Status changed from Feedback to New
- Assignee changed from Jason Ish to Community Ticket
- Target version changed from TBD to QA
- Assignee changed from Community Ticket to Tharushi Jayasekara
- Status changed from New to In Review
- Status changed from In Review to Closed
Also available in: Atom