This request came up at Suricon2018, but has come up before. The idea is to turn much of Suricata into a library that can be reused in other tools.
The first step would be to define some of the use cases we'd like to initially support so that an API could be designed for that.
- Related to Task #2685: SuriCon 2018 brainstorm added
- Assignee set to Community Ticket
- Assignee changed from Community Ticket to OISF Dev
- Description updated (diff)
One of the use cases that has been brought forward is to be able to integrate the Suricata detection and logging into OVS.
- Related to Task #4097: Suricon 2020 brainstorm added
- Tracker changed from Feature to Task
- Subject changed from libsuricata to tracking: libsuricata
- Status changed from New to Assigned
- Assignee changed from OISF Dev to Jason Ish
- Target version changed from TBD to 7.0rc1
- Related to Task #4221: Build Suricata into a static and shared library added
- Related to Task #4429: libsuricata: Use cases with examples added
- Related to Task #4704: unix-socket: separate functionality from the unix socket interface added
- Related to Task #4742: Make the auto-generated config.h not conflict with other config.h. added
- Status changed from Assigned to In Progress
- Related to Task #5433: tracking: reduce number of public data structures added
Also available in: Atom